Sunday 20 May 2012

Italian summer chicken

Parmesan crusted chicken breast topped with sun-dried tomatoes, goats' cheese and basil. I made this recently and it was amazing. I don't often refer to my own recipes as amazing, so this is definitely one you should try! Not only was it delicious, but it was easy to make. The almond flour crust was really good, but if you wanted to make this meal healthier you could just grill the chicken and then add the toppings.

I don't really have any measurements because I just made it up as I went along, but here's my attempt at a basic recipe. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer them!


Italian Summer Chicken

For the chicken:
Chicken breast
Almond flour with salt, pepper, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and mixed herbs
1 egg, slightly beaten
  • Wrap one chicken breast at a time in cling film/plastic wrap and use a meat mallet (I used a plate) to make the breast thinner. Try to make the breast an even thickness.
  • Add the salt, pepper, cheese, garlic powder and mixed herbs to the almond flour.
  • Dip the chicken in the egg, then coat with flour mixture. Shallow fry in olive oil until meat is cooked and outside is crispy.

For the topping:
fresh tomatoes; chopped
sun-dried tomatoes, chopped*
fresh basil; roughly chopped
grated Parmesan cheese
garlic powder, salt and pepper
Goats' cheese*
  • Mix everything (except the goats' cheese) together in a small bowl. Pile on top of cooked chicken and top with crumbled goats' cheese. Put under the grill for a few minutes just to warm the cheese.

*I used Sainsbury's Taste the Difference 'semi-dried tomatoes in olive oil' 5.8 carbs per 100 grams.
*I purchased my goats' cheese at Aldi – only £1.39 for 150grams.

No comments:

Post a Comment