Tuesday 29 May 2012

Pesto butter chicken thighs

Moist, tasty meat with deliciously crispy skin AND super easy to prepare? Yep, that's probably why this is my favourite way to eat chicken. I originally came across this recipe on one of my regular food blogs, Kayotic Kitchen. I've changed the recipe a bit by using chicken thighs rather than a whole chicken and applying the butter differently. It's less time consuming, but still delicious. If you have guests to impress, I highly recommend following the original recipe, but for a simple week night meal, try my variation below.


I usually serve these with Martha's Roasted Cabbage Wedges. I'm not a huge fan of cabbage normally, but it's really good roasted. Go on and try it. You wont be disappointed :)


Pesto Butter Chicken Thighs

Ingredients
Chicken thighs with skin
butter
pesto

Directions
Preheat oven to 200 C (390 F)

Melt butter in a small dish in the microwave then mix in pesto. I usually use 3 or 4 Tablespoons of butter and one teaspoon of pesto.

Place chicken thighs in a glass baking dish and pour butter mixture over thighs. Note: you can use fresh or frozen chicken. 

Lightly sprinkle with seasoning. I like to use steak fry seasoning, but if you don't have that then garlic salt mixed with paprika would probably work.

Stick in the oven for about 40 minutes, spooning the butter onto the chicken once or twice during cooking. After 40 minutes, increase the heat to 240 C and cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes to make the skin nice and crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment